Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Did you not tell him they were the Lord´s cheeps?

Whaddup people
 
I am finally, finally in MY area, with MY trainer, starting MY mission in Londrina. No more waiting, no more busrides, no more airplanes, I am freakin here. It seems like it´s taken forever to get here. Nevermind the fact that I started my mish two years later than most, but I´ve waited on visas, waited on transfers, waited on people to arrive. I know the clock starts tickin when you arrive at the MTC, but I havent felt like my mission really started until I got here. And now I´m here, and now it´s time to rock out. I´ve got to be better than I have been, I´ve got to do anything I possibly can to feel the spirit, so that I can more effecttively teach my brothers and sisters. Anything less is a disgrace to my Father, my brothers and sisters, my family and lastly, to me. Everything in my life has happened for this reason. I´ve been prepared since I was born to do this, and I cant even entertain the thought of slacking off, or wasting time. If I slough off, then everything was for nothing. All the pain, all the waiting. So I´m here, and I´m going to work as hard as I possibly can, and then I´m going to push past it, and work harder. The Lord has blessed me soooo much. I can understand my companion already, and I´m just being blessed right and left with the language. All of the language rules, all of the grammar, is just coming to me as fast as I can speak it. I want to show everyone how grateful I am, by how hard I work. Every single one of you that I´m writing, has helped me in some form or another. Thank you, tao muito, for everything that you´ve done for me. Dad, thanks for all that hard work. I´ve always been grateful for it, but here out on the mish, it´s going to really pay off. Mom, thanks for all the love. Miles, Ashley, thanks for being the best brother and sister anyone could ask for. Bishop, thanks for sticking with me, and not giving up on me. To the rest of you, thank you, for even the smallest amount of time that I spent with you. I am so grateful for my life. I know the best people. I am so blessed. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission for my Heavenly Father. This is such a blessing. One of the main reasons I came on a mish is to "give back" to meu Pai Celestial, but now Í just dug the pit deeper :) I´ve learned sooo much, about Him, about myself, about families, and about life. This is the best decision I´ve ever made.
 
Well, I guess I´ll tell you about my week.
 
I´ve been staying with the secretarys until the other novo missionarios arrived. Weeell, they finally arrived. It was awesome staying with Elder Miller, he is the friggin man. He´s from Lumberton, which is about 45 minutes from Tomball, meis ou menos. I hope we become comps later in the mish, but prob not, because we get along too well. So we pack up all of our stuff, and we head out to meet up with the other missionarios. We all head to the mission home, and have a welcome...meeting with Presidente Leal and his wife, Sister Leal. We all get new sheets, new pillows, and other stuff, eat lunch, and take off. I love that man so much, and I am so glad he will be my mission president for at least a little while. We head to the bus station, and I take off. I´ve been led to believe that I will be meeting my comp that day, but alas, it was not so. We stayed with some other missionaries, and me and Elders Piano and Timothy took off to teach some lessons that night. We taught about the restoration, and my part of the lesson was on the actual restoration. Now, I´ve had trouble with this section more than the others, I dunno why, it´s just the way it is. When it became my turn, the words just flowed. Most other times I still suck at portugues, but when we´re doing contacts, or teaching lessons, I can speak just fine. The lesson went really well, and we ended up teaching 3 more people other than the 1 that we came to teach. So we head back to the apartment, and when I was unpacking for the night, I realized that in my hurry to leave the other apartment, I had left half of my clothes there. So life 1, Elder Standard 0. Tudo bem, I´ll be able to do laundry in the morning. We got to sleep, wake up, and take off. This was quite awesome.We had to walk about 3 miles to the bus station, with all of our belongings, down the streets (see pictures in the other email). After crossing a highway, we arrive, I meet my comp, and we take yet another bus to our area. We arrive, I unpack, and we come to find that we dont have any laundry detergent. Life 2, Elder Standard 0. Tudo bem, we´ll just go to the store and buy some. We do, I finally am able to do laundry, and we take a breather. Elder shows me his family, which includes his hot sister, and then I show him all of my pics. There is now no doubt in Elder Lima´s mind if I like guns or not. BTW, I´ve got a ton of pics on my memory card, but not all of them show up when I try to play them on my camera. If any of you know how to fix this, please let me know. Otherwise nobody knows what my family looks like. So yeah, we head off to write emails, which brings me to.....now.
 
If anyone has
 
Brother Wake´s email
Ngoc´s email
Fernando´s email
 
And could remember to send those to me, that would be kinda awesome. I´ve gotta go now, so remember that I love you, and we´ll see each other soon enough.
 
Elder Standard



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment