Wednesday, August 4, 2010

No thank you Turkish, I´m sweet enough

Hey all, Ive got a few minutes left so I figured I´d write a quick something.

I´m off in a different area of Londrina now, with a different comp - Elder Lopes. He´s a brasilian, and he´s probably one of the best missionaries I´ve met so far. I´ve only been with him 2 days, but we´re kicking butt in this area. Him and his comp almost came to blows with each other, because his trainee is incredibly prideful and dosent want to do anything. He went out with the missionaries back home for a year before he came out here so he thinks he already knows everything. So, we traded comps at least for a couple of weeks but I´m hoping it will be for longer. I already love this area, I love the people, I love Elder Lopes, and everything is just rocking out. It´s such a change to be with someone that wants to work and knows how. I´m hoping I can sweet talk the Prez into letting me stay here. That would be awesome. The first night in this area I was taking a shower and I was shampooing my hair. I had my eyes closed because I didnt want any soap to get in while I was rinsing off. I started to feel something on my leg but I figured it was just some soap or something. It kept getting higher and higher so I hurried to rinse the soap off and as soon as I opened my eyes I look down at my thigh and there´s this huge friggin spider just staring back at me. Now, if you heard a little girl scream at about 10:05 on tuesday night you now know why. I hate spiders. Here, I´ll repeat that - I hate spiders. All the legs, the web, the eyes....oh the eyes. If there´s a world record for swiping spiders, folks - it got broke. I swiped him off, and before he hit the ground the hairy leg of doom was already raised in defense of everything holy. He was smushed, smashed, smished and ground every which way. He made like the goldfish and swirled down the drain. My heart was pumping, there was a vein popping out of my neck that I didnt know was there, I was foaming at the lips like I had just got done brushing my teeth. I was making this weird growling noise. This all happened in about .14 seconds. Can you see it? Do you get the picture? I hate spiders. Maria nos céus. So yeah, that´s the first night. Yesterday we we heading over to a investigators house over in the ghetto. We arrive, and we´re looking at the map. We go a little farther and we see something in the road. It´s just outside of the range of the street light, so it´s kinda shadowed. It looked like a dog sleeping in the road, so we start calling to it. It dosent move. We get closer, and it looks like a chicken had gotten run over. We pick up a stick and start to flip it over when as it´s flipping over we notice the face and both of us jump back about 10 feet in each others arms. Here we are, in a ghetto of Brasil, a little short black dude with a tall skinny white guy in each others arms. So, after we regained our composure, we naturally went back to investigate. We picked up the stick again and start to flip it over. We manage to get it flipped, when we notice that it´s a dolls head. We start busting up laughing and we pick it up by it´s hair. We bring it home, and now it´s sitting on the fence post. Hopefully it´ll guard us from the robbers. We´ll see.

Well, I gotta go, I love you all. I tried uploading some pics but it didnt work. Maybe next week. I´ve never eaten such wierd fruits in my life.

Godspeed,
Elder Standard

The Church is true. The organization is perfect. Maybe the people arent, but the church is. It is because it was founded by a perfect being. The fact that the church and the Book of Mormon have stood for almost 200 years after being attacked is a testament of the veracity of each. If there was a chink, or a flaw, I guarantee you it would have been found by now. This is what Isaiah was talking about in chapter 29. You have a young, unlearned man, and his fruits as a Prophet have defied the world. Joseph Smith did not write the Book of Mormon. A person only needs to read it to find out the truth. It even contains a promise at the end. Read the book. And then, ask God. Find out for yourself if the book is true. Dont rely on others. I promise you if you ask God, in the name of Christ, after studying it out in your mind, you´ll recieve an answer. If you dont want to know the truth, dont do these things. I dont know why someone would do that, but speaking from experiance, it happens quite alot. It´s like trying to cross an ocean without a map or any knowledge of how to navigate. It dosent make any sense. We have a book, that teaches people more about Christ and God, and they reject it. I´m always blown away by it. It defys all logic.

But the people that accept, and abide by it´s teachings, oh the joy they have....

Good night.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment