Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hi

Hey folks

This week has been super hot here in Tupã. Our water heater broke too, so we´ve been taking ice cold showers. It´s THE best way to wake up, which is so hard. I´ve never been so tired in my life. Literally. Not at Philmont, not working with Dad (sorry Dad), not working two jobs, nothing. I literally collapse in the bed every night. Babies dont sleep this good. We´ve been teaching alot this week, and there´s been some crazy things happen. One day we found this one guy, Luciano, it was just a normal lesson, nothing spectacular. A few days later, we were walking home and this lady comes up to us, and she was so nice it was hilarious. "I´m so sorry to bother you, I know you´re busy, but, the other day you taught my husband and I was really interested about what he was telling me. I always see ya´ll in the street but I´ve just never asked before. I´m looking for a church because I feel like there´s something missing in my life, and I dont know what it is. Do you think you could come back another day and explain about your religion?" Me and Elder Bower just kinda started at each other for a second before we responded. So we set up and appointment to come back and off we went. The day comes but nobody is home, so we come back the next day, Sunday. The whole family is home, so we gather everyone together and teach the lesson. The Spirit was so strong there and everything just went real smooth. I didnt stumble, which was nice, so they were able to understand everything. We gave her and her husband a Book of Mormon because he wanted to read it while he traveled, and gave them each seperate parts to read. He wanted to know why there´s so much suffering in the world, and she wanted to know what happens after this life. We gave him 2 Nefi chapter 2, and her Alma 40. They both accepted to be baptized, so now we just gotta get them into the church. The only problem is he travels alot, but he has Sundays off, so we´re hoping they can be there this Sunday, if she dosent have to work. That´s the hardest part of teaching here in Brasil, is that the whole world works sooooo much. Both of the parents work, sometimes two jobs each, so it´s real hard to find everyone in casa sometimes.

Sorry I dont have much time to write this week, but I figured I´d at least write the coolest thing. I love you all!

Elder Standard



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment