Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Come on in, the water´s fine

Hey, yesterday was Bauru´s stupid b-day, and so being Brasil, everything shuts down. What´s the point of a holiday if everything you want to do is closed? There´s some things about this country that I cant stand, and other things that I love.
 
I´ve been having a crazy week for dreams. I´ve killed flying bat people with my pen, I´ve come home. I´ve drank Dr. Pepper. Ive done everything. The one dream that I had though about coming home scared me. I didnt want to. I was standing there in the shooting range with a rifle in my hands. And I remember thinking "Well, this is cool, but it´s not as cool as the mission." I woke up and realized that this thing will end, but I didnt want it to, ya know? I´m torn. One part of me wants to stay out here forever, and the other part wants to come home and get going with my life. Oh well, there´s a time and place for it all.
 
We baptised this week also. We found 2 people on friday, and baptized them on Sunday. At first the parents didnt want them to be baptized. So, they didnt let them go to church that Sunday. WHen we found out that they werent going to come, we grabbed a member and zoomed over to their house. We get there and say a quick but fervent prayer and then went in. I had a huge headache, but the Spirit was strong there, and the parents didnt have a problem. Now, the parents want to be baptized, and everyhting[s going great with the family. It was a miracle, and I havent stopped saying thanks since that day. We´ve got a TON of people lined up for baptism for the next week also, and the week after that. We´re going to try to just keep going and see what happens. Funny thing about the baptism - Elder Buttars fell down the stairs and got all wet. And then when he went to pull the plug, it didnt come out and he cut his finger on the wire. So - all of his baptismal clothing has these little red bloodstains, and it does NOT come out. If you dont get it out immediately, then you´re toast.
 
But this week was amazing. The Assistantes came and did a division with us for a few days, and I got to see one of my really good friends Elder Thiago. I love this kid to death. It was cool getting to see how he had progessed and everything since I last saw him a year ago.
 
It´s already August. That´s nuts. I´m not a fan of this whole "time-flying-faster-than-I-can-count" stuff.
 
I love you all. Sorry if I keep missing your emails or not responding. Everything is a blur now. It seems like I come to the internet place almost everyday to write you.
 
One more thing - I finished the Book of Mormon again. I love this book. It truly is a miracle. It´s just so simple, and there´s no way that anyone could chalk it up to Joseph Smith. He wasnt that smart. This book is true simply because everytime I read it, I feel the Spirit. How could God testify of a false book?
 
I love you all, and invite all of you to read from the scriptures daily. You will gain power to resist temptation, and you will find that everything flows better in your life. I can attest to this as I do the same thing and recieve the same blessings.
Elder Standard

--
Missão Brasil Londrina
Av. Higienópolis 1100 sala 61
Londrina, PR
CEP:86020-911



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment