Monday, March 28, 2011

One more week...

This week flew by. It was the fastest week in my life. I dont remember a thing, and I couldnt tell you anything about it. There was soooo much stuff that happened. On monday I talked to Miles, which was awesome. I´m so proud of him and cant wait to see him after the mish. Then on tuesday and wednesday there was a conferance which was awesome. I was with President and I recieved so many revelations for my area it´s amazing. So many good things are starting to happen in my area and I´m glad to be here. My comp is getting a little annoying, but I just try to understand that he´s new and hasnt had time to really learn a whole lot yet. Here in a couple of weeks there´s going to be transfers, and anything could happen. The zone leaders told me that I could be transfered, but Elder Machado has been here since he started, almost 6 months here in a couple of days. So, we´ll just wait and see. The coolest thing that happened this week is that we gave a blessing to a man who we´ve been teaching since I´ve been here. He has a problem with smoking and drinking and couldnt stop by himself. So, we gave him a blessing and yesterday when we took him to church he looked over at me and said "Hey, Standard, I dont have the desire to smoke anymore." I just sat there staring at him and and finally said "parabens cara!" Which translated would be "congratulations dude!". I knew that if we gave him that blessing he would be healed, but I knew it also depended on him. But, lo and behold it worked. We´re working on his whole family now, since that was the only thing holding them back.
 
We´re seeing a whole bunch of miracles happening here in this area, and the members are starting to take part in the work, which is REALLY going to help. 1 out of 1,000 that we find alone will be baptized, but 600 out of 1000 will be baptized if the members help us so we´re pumping up the members to help us alot here. I snagged a whole bunch of ideas from that conferance, and we´re already putting them into practice here and seeing results. My mindset has completely changed, and the only thing I think about now is the work. Literally every single moment is spent thinking about what I can do to conquer this area and help the Lord here.
 
Talking with Miles was awesome, and one of the first things he told me was that I talked with an accent and a little faster than normal, so that made me happy. I´m glad he´s doing good, and he´s only going to do better from now on.
 
I´m not worried about home anymore, or what´s gunna happen after the mission. I know that everything will work out for my good, and that the knowledge that I´ve gained out here will help me out in the "world". I´ve become at peace with everything, and some of the things that really used to bother me dont anymore. There´s been some huge changes in my life lately, and I know the Lord is here with me. He´s answered all of my prayers, and I´ve learned that He will continue to do that for me for as long as I live. I know that He lives, and that He knows me and loves me. There´s not any doubt anymore. Í know that He´s as much for ya´ll as He is for me, and I just want ya´ll to know that.
I love you all, and know that I´m praying for you all. Please do the right thing. Always. There´s so much happiness that can be had, and the only kind of peace that matters comes from God. Strive for these things and pray to the Lord God that He blesses you with these things.
 
Tchau,
Elder Standard

--
Missão Brasil Londrina
Av. Higienópolis 1100 sala 61
Londrina, PR
CEP:86020-911



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment