Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Of two things I was certain....

One, Edward was a vampi.... Ha, Just kidding, but here´s the other thing -

Brasil is frickin Hot!!!! Holy crap. And the worst part is that we havent even hit the "hot" part yet. The girls always get excited because they think it´s Edward Cullen sparkling in the sun, but it´s really just Elder Standard glistening with sweat. All they see is this pale white guy walking down the street trying to dodge the sun and stay in the shadows.


So yeah, I got transfered again. This time to the southern part of the mission. In a town of about 300,000 people. Cascavel. It´s awesome because most of it just looks like south Houston, so I feel right at home. We stay in this awesome apartment with a hot shower and a pull up rack, even the fridge keeps things cold. And! The best part is that there´s a brand of milk here called Lactobom. It´s supposedly got a taste similar to American milk, I havent found it yet, but I know it exists. We taught this dude yesterday that already has like a year supply of Ensigns and the BYU student manuals for the BOM and D&C. I dont know how he hasnt been baptised yet, but we´ll get around to it shortly ;) My new comp is Elder Alves. I´ve worked with him in other areas before so I already know how he is. I´m only going to say one thing - I will have learned a good deal of patience by the time we part ways. It´s all cool though, I´m sure I´ll survive.

Conferance was awesome, and if you missed Elder Hollands talk repent really quick and then look it up on LDS.org. I was a big fan of Elder Christofersons talk on consecrating our lives (great minds think alike Presidente Alva). Recentely I´ve been trying to do more or less the same thing, and so his talk and others were literally an answer to prayers. I´ve learned to always go to conferance with questions because I always recieve exactly what I´m looking for. I know that those men are called of God and inspired by His Spirit to lead and guide us. There´s really not any doubt anymore. This is the exact same church that Christ established. There´s not a single thing amiss. And if anyone suspects I´ve been drinking the koolaid a little too heavy, then may I add that if that is the case, if indeed there has been a great deal of koolaid consumed by one named Elder Standard, then it is because he has recieved an answer from God Himself. I cant deny it. I would be afraid to. This work is true. I´ve said it once and I´ll say it a thousand more times. I´ll say it untill I die, and then I´ll preach it to those after this life. I hope to continue to do this work even after I´m released from my calling as an Elder in the service of the Lord. There are no ex-missionaries, the only thing that´s changed is our area. It´s just another transfer. Like Lehi, I keep in mind the importance to make these things known to everyone, so that all can have a chance to fulfill their purpose here on earth and be clothed with glory in the kingdom of God. I love you all.

Elder Mate Ricardo Martins Gonzales dos Santos Standard



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


1 comment:

  1. SO glad to see you are doing well! Your testimony strengthens mine every time I read your posts.

    p.s. I never believed you about reading the Twilight books when you were home, but I started reading them and can't put them down!

    Good luck, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete