Wednesday, September 29, 2010

rain drops are falling on my head...

Hey everyone, this week has been nuts. I´ve been in a trio with the Elders from Osvaldo Cruz, because my comp went to a meeting in another city. This week has been non stop rain, and we´ve come home soaked to the bone every night. It´s all cool though, and we´ve been blessed for ourt efforts. We made a contact with this one kid sitting outside his house right before we were going to call it a night. He told us to come back the next day and so we did. His name is Tiago and from first contact you´d never think this kid would have any desire to learn anything about the church. He´s the complete opposite. He understood everything and accepted to be baptised without any hesitation. He offered to pray at the end of the lesson and said one of the most sincere prayers I´ve ever heard in my life. We´re going back again on Friday because I´ll be in another city until then, but everything is going great here so far. We got our shower fixed last night. I felt like I had never taken a hot shower before. There was pressure, there was hotness, it was amazing. I even wrote about it in my journal. After about 2 months of cold showers I had finally gotten used to it, but with all the rain and everything the water was just too cold.

Sorry I´ve gotta cut this short, I´ve got a bus to catch!

Love you all,
Elder Standard



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment